Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Maths in 2020 Term 3

 This time my goal was Use a broad range of mental strategies to solve addition and subtraction problems.

The strategies were Equal adjustment, Place Value and Reversibility .

My favourite was probably Place value because it was the easiest for me.

A place value question!

552+231=?

All you need to do is add the hundreds together.

500+200=700

And then add the tens together

50+30=80

And then add the ones together!

2+1=3


So the answer is 783!

Did you learn anything new?





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post